Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear

My greatest fear as a child was being separated from my parents when I was somewhere with them. When I would go to the store with my parents I would tend to wander away from my parents, to look at what I thought would be fun and exciting. One great example of this was when i was about 7 I was walking around Target with my mom and saw something I thought looked interesting so with out saying anything I wandered away from my mom and she didn't notice. After I was done looking at what I found interesting I started looking for my mom and began to cry. After looking for a while I heard my name said over the intercom to go to the front of the stored turns out my mom was looking for me the whole time too. If I were in the situation of the boys in Lord of the Flies I would be scared out of my mind of being separated from the rest of the boys.

3 comments:

  1. hmm. i once got lost in dinsey world when i was 4 years old. my mother said it was only for about 20 minutes and i wandered to a stranger and asked for help, luckily, it was a worker. so she found me :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember not being able to breathe after losing my mother at JC Penney (WAY back in the day). At our heights, those clothing racks are below eyesight, but at age five or so, they are a huge problem when trying to find parents! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem in Wal-Mart haha it scared me half to death.

    ReplyDelete